Fundamentals of Rigging Training
As part of our Value-Added proposition, Holloway Houston provides “Fundamentals of Rigging Safety” training seminars at NO COST to either existing or prospective clients. We see it as an investment in people’s knowledge and understanding, with a focus on risk management. Our goal is to provide you and your employees with a better understanding of how to properly select, inspect and use rigging gear. These training seminars are available at our facilities or yours, in English or Spanish.
A typical seminar (see class Agenda and 2016 schedule) covers 4-hours and each attendee will receive the following items.
- 16-Panel Crosby “Users Guide for Lifting” Rigging Card (ASME)
- ASME / OSHA Based Product Application Seminar Workbook (Crosby)
- Holloway Houston , INC. Products Catalog
- The Crosby Group General Products Catalog
- Holloway Houston Certificate of Attendance
- Complimentary Lunch following conclusion of the seminar
- Tour of Holloway Houston Facilities (optional)
Did you know?
“More employees are injured in industry while moving materials than while performing any other single function. In every day operations, they handle, transport, and store materials. This can be done by hand, manually operated materials handling equipment, or power operated equipment.”
U.S. Department of Labor and Industry (DLI)
Did you know?
- ASME B-30.9 Standard for slings states that “…Sling users SHALL be trained in the selection, inspection, cautions to personnel, effects of environment, and rigging practices…”
- ASME B30.26 Rigging Standard for Hardware states that “Users SHALL be trained in the selection, inspection, cautions to personnel, effects of environment, and rigging practices”
The purpose of ASME Standards
- Guard against and minimize injury to workers and otherwise provide for the protection of life, limb and property by prescribing safety requirements
- Provide Direction to owners, employers, supervisors, and others…
- Guide government and other regulatory bodies in the development, promulgation, and enforcement of appropriate safety directives